VPR Draft Mode Limitations
VPR’s Draft Mode is designed to show you renders as quickly as possible, however, it doesn’t support everything of which VPR is capable. Here’s a list of VPR Draft mode limitations:
- Motion Blur is disabled
- Depth of Field is disabled
- The Adaptive Threshold is set to 0.1
- Minimum Samples is set to 1 and Maximum Samples is 9
- Oversampling is set to 0.5 and uses Filter Radius
- Light, Reflection, Refraction and Scattering samples are limited to 4.
- Ray Recursion Limit and Reflection Bounces are set to 4 but the Reflection Recursion Limit is set to 2
- Diffuse Bounces is set to 1
As you can see, to get a true view of your render, better to get out of Draft mode as you are nearing project completion, especially if you are going to require an F10 render sequence and want no surprises because your rendered images don’t look the same as your VPR previews.