OpenVDB: New Tools
Advecting OpenVDB particles with motion blur
New and exciting tools have been added to the LightWave 2020 OpenVDB roster. You now have the ability to bring in Partio particle objects from other software, split and merge your vdb objects for interesting possibilities.
- Advect Points node — Advect particles by velocity grid
- Analysis node — Grid creation Gradient, Curvature, Laplacian, Closest Point, Divergence, Curl, Magnitude, Normalize
- Combine Math node — Combine grids using math operators
- Level Set Morph — Morph between level set grids
- Partio Node — Load Houdini .HClassic particle files
- VectorGrid Split and Merge — Split and merge Vector grids for further experimentation
- Visualize node — Grid viewer with options
The Esc key has been bound to more OpenVDB operations allowing easier cancellation of long operations.
Right now, using Package Scene with a scene with OpenVDB files will package the whole GridCache folder for the content. If you use a single content directory rather than a project-based one you may find that this packaged GridCache folder is enormous and contains far more files than it needs for the one scene. The Package Scene utility will be more intelligent about what it packages in a future release. For now, we thought it was better to package too much rather than not enough when you are transporting scenes.