LightWave 11.6 added a 3D viewing mode for people with the right hardware. If you have a 3D monitor or television and a graphics card capable of quad-buffering a display (for NVidia this means a Quadro graphics card but most AMD/ATI cards work), then you can see your scene in stereoscopic 3D. The display works both in OpenGL and VPR and supports both anaglyph and active or passive 3D (shutter glasses or RealD 3D glasses) depending on your hardware capabilities.
To enable the display 3D Plugin in a full-screen window.
- Load a scene;
- Pick Texture Shaded Solid / Texture Shaded Wireframe ( for color OpenGL );
- In Camera Properties go to the Stereo tab and enable Stereoscopic Rendering ;
- In the Stereo OpenGL dropdown pick 3D Glasses ;
- Set your viewport to VPR and in VPR Options choose Add Display / 3DVisionPro ;
- Edit Properties or double click 3DVisionPro ;
- Check Full Screen if necessary for your graphics card
Esc closes the 3D display or you can click Toggle Window in the VPR options window.